Sunday, August 21, 2011

McFatty Monday..

After one full week of clean eating, I feel great! Like I said last week, we got rid of all the non-clean foods in our house and gave them to my parents. (Caroline still has her own cabinet that includes some non-clean foods, though we’re working on getting her to eat what we eat).

I’ve spent a lot of time over the past month researching clean eating and have visited pretty much every website there is. I’ve been bookmarking clean recopies and we tried a few of them this week.

Here’s what my meal plan looked like last week:

Monday:
Meal 1
Coffee with skim milk and 1 Truvia (after doing further research, the plan is to limit the use of Truvia..I may switch to straight Stevia, but it’s pretty bitter)
Smoothie: blueberries, greek yogurt, skim milk, honey, and ground flaxseeds
Meal 2
Greek yogurt with strawberries, granola, honey, and ground flaxseeds
Meal 3
Sandwich with: Alpine Valley Organic Sprouted Honey Wheat bread from Costco (this bread is awesome!), hummus, sliced grilled chicken breast (we grilled chicken and sliced it on Sunday), lettuce, and mushrooms
Plum
Meal 4
Mixed fresh fruit (I asked for fruit for my birthday at work instead of a cake)
Meal 5
Mexican Shrimp Cobb Salad (instead of plain shrimp, I made Cilantro Lime Shrimp to top the salad)
Creamy Cilantro Tomatillo dressing (I doubled the amount of greek yogurt instead of using mayo)
Meal 6 (I am so used to eating desert so I’m doing 6 meals for now)
1/2 cup old fashioned oats with 1 cup water, honey, raisins, and walnuts

Tuesday:
Meal 1
Coffee
Smoothie: 1/2 banana, 1/4 cup blueberries, greek yogurt, skim milk, honey, ground flaxseeds
Meal 2
Same yogurt as Monday except with slivered almonds instead of granola
Meal 3
Leftover salad and dressing
1 cup red grapes
Meal 4
8 whole wheat crackers with 1 tbs natural almond butter
Plum
Meal 5
Crockpot chicken tacos: homemade taco seasoning, 3 frozen chick breasts, 1 jar of all natural salsa
Whole wheat tortilla (the ones I bought have an iffy ingredient so I’m on the lookout for some clean tortillas or wraps..let me know if you know of any)
avocado, lettuce, cheese (per some things I’ve read, we’re doing reduced fat, white block cheese)
Corn
Meal 6
Mixed melons

Wednesday:
Meal 1
Coffee
Smoothie: same, but with 1/2 banana and a peach
Meal 2
Yogurt: same
Apple
Meal 3
Sandwich: same as Monday
String cheese
Grapes
Meal 4
6 crackers with almond butter
Peach
Meal 5
Broccoli and Cheese Omelet topped with avocado and salsa
Black beans
Meal 6
Oatmeal: same as Monday but with 1/2 the amount of oats and water

Thursday:
Meal 1
Coffee
Smoothie: same but with 1/2 mango, a peach, and 1/2 banana
Meal 2
Yogurt: same
Meal 3
Same sandwich
Grapes
Meal 4
8 crackers with natural peanut butter
Pear
Meal 5
Balsamic Marinated Pork Chops
Greed beans
Sweet Potato Fries
Homemade Honey Mustard sauce (I am so used to having condiments)
Meal 6
Oatmeal: same

Friday
Meal 1
Coffee
Smoothie: 1/2 mango, 1/2 banana
Meal 2
Cottage cheese (we ran out of yogurt): prepared like the yogurt
Apple
Meal 3
Sandwich: same
Grapes
Meal 4
8 crackers with almond butter
Meal 5
Cheesy Beef and Rice Casserole
Meal 6
Small bowl of shredded wheat with raisins and 1 packet Truvia

Saturday
Meal 1
Coffee
Whole Wheat Blueberry Pancakes: I omitted the banana and nuts and added blueberries, I used unsweetened applesauce instead of oil, I spread almond butter on them and drizzled with a little honey (OMG..soo good!)
Meal 2
Smoothie: same but with 1/4 cup strawberries and 1/4 cup blueberries
Large fruit cup from Chick-fil-a (Caroline wanted nuggets)
Meal 3
Leftover cheesy beef and rice casserole
Plum
Meal 4
1/2 leftover pancake (dry)
Package of dried apples
Meal 5
Baked chicken: seasoned with juice from an orange, juice from a lemon, and pepper
Sweet potato: topped with cinnamon and honey
Green beans

I’m typing this up on Sunday morning so that’s all I have for you this week. Can you tell I have a sweet tooth? I’m going to try to incorporate more veggies and cut back on the honey. Haha. I haven’t been counting calories and I probably won’t again until I hit a plateau. I guess the good thing about being so over weight is that the weight comes off pretty easily when you’re not pigging out all day.

I started over with the Wii Active 6 week challenge and did the first 5 days last week.

Current weight: 196
Weight lost this week: 2.8 lbs
Weight lost since starting clean eating: 2.8 lbs




4 comments:

angela said...

Your meals sound delicious!! So how easy or hard was prep? How much time did you spend prepping? How easy was it to switch over? Did you feel hungry? Should I come up with more questions to meet my quota of 20?

Good job steph! On your stick-to-itive-ness and your weight loss!!

Stephanie said...

They were delicious! Way better than the stuff we've been popping into the microwave.

We didn't spend much time prepping because we've been cooking every day when we get home. Nothing that we've made has taken more than 30-45 minutes. Mario grilled the chicken and pork tenderloin on Sunday and I cut up strawberries. We bought frozen blueberries.

I pack lunches right after dinner and I make my smoothie right when I get up in the morning and put it in the fridge.

It wasn't hard to switch at all..I looked at a lot of websites to get an idea of what the basics were and to find recipes we would like. The hardest part was actually making the commitment.

I don't feel hungry at all..and if I do get hungry, I can eat as many fruits and veggies as I want. I actually feel fuller longer eating like this and I have more energy (even without the diet cokes and energy drinks).

Libby said...

Your menu looks great, Stephanie! I'm so glad you're trying this - it's brought me so much happiness and success...I hope it does the same for you!! :)

Candice said...

Way to go! I'm constantly battling weight, but when I am eating healthier....I definitely feel better and have more energy. Good luck with the rest of your journey. (by the way...I'm a new follower from Austin!)

http://wherenothinggoodcomeseasy.blogspot.com/