Wednesday, April 28, 2010

12 Months, 4 Weeks..

We had a fun weekend, then a bad start to the week. Mario had Friday off because he works in San Antonio now and the city was closed for Fiesta so I decided to take the day off too so we could take Caroline to the San Antonio Zoo. This was our third trip to the SA Zoo and it was definitely the best because Caroline was able to run around this time and she seemed more interested in the animals.

She loves to point at things now..she was pointing at some kids that were walking by. She loves kids!

 She got to chase the goats around.
 We rode the train again..she loved it.
 It was hot when we got home so we set up her pool in the front yard.
 This pool is perfect for toddlers! It's from Target. She liked it for a while..until she got cold.
 She loves her water table..she fills the cups up and drinks out of them.
 We went to the Weiner Dog Races in Buda on Saturday and realized that Caroline didn't seem to being feeling very well.

She woke up with a runny nose, watery eyes, and a rash on her cheeks from drooling. We had pictures with Lyndsay that morning (I soo can't wait to see the rest..she's awesome!) and Caroline was acting fine. By Suday evening, I noticed she felt warm so I took her temperature. It was 103.4. She slept like crap that night and Mario took Monday off so he could take her to the pedi. Her pedi said it was just a cold and only time would help. Her fever Monday was 103.8.

I'm in training this week and couldn't miss it and Mario only had enough leave to take one day off so Caroline got to spend time with my parents yesterday. They said she was perfect and never felt warm. She was back to normal this morning so she got to go back to daycare. I really think teething had something to do with the fever, though her pedi refuses to admit that teething can cause a fever. I hope the rest of these molars come through very soon..if they haven't already..she refuses to let me stick my fingers in her mouth.

3 comments:

SkinnyMeg said...

Your looking hot mama!! I love that pool I'm going to have to go check it out! These babies grow so darn fast I want to freeze this time because they are so cute!!

Juicy said...

I love that pool! I'll have to get one for the boys...guess a trip to Target is in order. :)

And Cooper is a pointer too. He will point at everything. When you went to the zoo, how early did you go--were the animals out, was it crowded? I'd like to take the boys, but not if the animals are hibernating or it's too crowded.

I'm glad nothing too bad was going on w/ Caroline. Those damn teeth cause such problems, don't they?? Yuck. Poor baby.

Stephanie said...

We went on a Friday and it was packed..but pretty much the whole city was shut down for Fiesta so that may have led to the larger crowd.

We got there around 1pm and the animals were out. It was pretty hot though..I figure it's only going to get worse. We'll go a lot earlier next time.

We will also take extra clothes for Caroline next time because they have a little beach area where kids can play.